Remember

It is wise to remember that you are one of those who can be fooled some of the time.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Mighty Hunters

Everyone got a deer this year. This is Kevin's that he and Nick shot at. Everyone else in the picture had already got one. This was the 5th deer hanging up. What is the allure of the hunt? All the men I know are hunters. It seems to be a right of passage for a boy to a man; something about the power of a gun and tromping around in the hills. I'm not sure I'll ever understand it for sure. I guess it is a guy thing.

5 comments:

Camie said...

I don't know what is going to happen to all that deer meat, but I like that pictures of all the mighty hunters. I remember I used to love when the deer hunt was over because they would always bring home all the leftover treats and snacks...

GRANNY G said...

"THE MIGHTY HUNTERS" Whatever, it is so a guy thing. I don't get it either?! My new blog is granny-g.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The whole hunting thing is a mystery to me as well, especially since my husband doesn't participate too much. Is it the killing, the tracking, what? I think the male bonding time is a bonus.

Rachel said...

I don't get it either, but I do know that it is one of Nick's great loves. He dreams about buck ALL YEAR long! He says he enjoys the outdoors and spending time with his Dad and brothers. I named a few people and asked why he didn't go hunting with them, and he said hunting is a family thing. I'm just glad it's over for another year. Although he's always got his eyes looking for deer. The 30 minute drive to Mountain Meadows takes our family about 45 with all the slowing down and pulling over to see deer.

crazyhorse said...

Debbie, I can't believe you don't understand the deer hunt. What is it that lures you to all the hikes? You have always liked the camping and out of doors. I think some of it is: the man provides.