Remember

It is wise to remember that you are one of those who can be fooled some of the time.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner


Thanksgiving turned out wonderful, although there were moments when it seemed questionable. We had the kids over and the grandparents; sixteen adults and nine grand kids. Kevin got up at 6:30 and put the turkey in the oven to bake. It needed about five hours. We spent the morning preparing the rest of the meal and made a huge bowl of Dixie Salad. We were eating at noon, so about 11:30 I asked Kevin to take the turkey out so I could make some gravy. To our horror we discovered the oven was off and the turkey hadn't cooked. Kevin about had a coronary. He made a mad dash up to Golden Coral and bought a baked turkey and saved the day. We enjoyed a scrumptious meal and good company, the gravy was the only thing a little lacking. Now we have a 24 lb. untouched freshly cooked turkey. I'm in the market for some recipes for leftover turkey.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe that about your turkey. I am glad you guys were able to salvage the day. It sounds like it was an enjoyable one. Hope you gave me a shout out.

That is so gross I am holding that turking!

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Hahah I had to laugh when I saw Camie holding the turkey. I am glad you came up with a plan B. I bet your Thanksgiving was loud, fun, and crazy with all the kids. Sounds like fun!